- 2 (Registered)
- (0 Review)
- Course Overview
In an optical fiber medium, light rays travel in jagged lines causing signal loss or dispersion. Higher-order mode loss results when light traveling in the fiber core is radiated across the fiber cladding. All these factors limit the transmission distance of the fiber. To make sure the fiber-optic connection has enough power for correct operation, you need to calculate the power budget of the link. This course begins with an explanation of the various losses in optical fibers that contribute to link loss. This is followed by a description of how to measure the total loss in an optical fiber, while all types of losses that must be considered.
- Course Pre-requisites
The course is applicable to all technical and non-technical professionals of any organization operating in telecom technology domain.
- Course Objectives
Upon completion of this training, the participants will be able to:
- List the various types of optical fibre losses
- Understand various types of losses such as attenuation, absorption, scattering losses
- Explain optical fibre dispersion
- List the normally occurring dispersion losses
- Understand each parameter used for link budget calculation
- Course Duration
This duration of this e-learning course is of approximately 55 minutes.
Fibre Optic Loss Dispersion and Power Budget 0/1
- Fibre Optic Loss Dispersion and Power BudgetLecture1.1