- 0 (Registered)
- (0 Review)
- Course Overview
Transport networks have been the backbone of all the possible telecommunication systems across the globe. Be it our traditional fixed line networks or internet services provider connections or even latest 5G mobile networks, none of these would have been possible without transport networks. Like any other system, Transport networks have also evolved over the years to fulfill the demands of end user applications. This course takes the participants through the journey of evolution of transport networks. It starts with basic categorization of wired and wireless media types. It provides the explanation of the features, specifications and applications of each type and highlights the key differences between them. This course also details the possible transport network topologies and multiplexing techniques.
- Course Pre-requisites
The course is applicable to all technical and non-technical professionals of any organization operating in telecom technology domain.
- Course Objectives
Upon completion of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Categorize the various transmission media types
- List the examples of wired and wireless media categories
- Explain the features and specifications of each type of transport media
- Differentiate the use cases, advantages, and disadvantages for different types of transport media
- Compare the most widely used transport media – Microwave versus Optical Fibre
- Describe the applications, advantages, and disadvantages of various transport network topologies
- Explain the basic multiplexing techniques to enhance the capacity and distance of transmission network
- Course Duration
This duration of this e-learning course is of approximately 1 hour.